A few days ago, FeedJournal Reader became available to a select group of devoted beta testers. The service, which is free, generates a newspaper with the latest content from your favorite feeds. The beta has been received very well so far. As expected, some minor bugs remain to be squashed before the service will be publicly available.
In order not to keep you in too great anticipation of what to expect in FeedJournal Reader, here's a rundown of the basic functionality:
- Simple and Intuitive AJAX interface for adding and removing feeds from your subscription list.
- Categorization, although it does not yet effect the final PDF.
- Quick selection of articles to publish: "Everything since the last issue", or "all articles published during the last X days".
- A checkbox to override individual articles to include or exclude from the newspaper.
- Newspaper customization of paper size, paragraph count and margin size.
- Image support is disabled for new users. I am still figuring out for whom this feature will be enabled.
This is the simplest feature set I can go live with and still offer a valuable service. My aim is to let user requests drive further development in order to avoid feature bloat and keep the service simple. Please keep suggestions and feedback coming, either via the contact form, in the forum or in the blog comments.